This privacy statement applies to Raftaar’s website, services, applications that collect data.
Raftaar provides its users an automated portal for access into various web-based content, online fora, resources, communication tools, personalised services through its network (the "Services"). When you use the services of Raftaar, Raftaar may collect many kinds of information in order to operate effectively and provide you with optimum services and experiences. Raftaar collects information when you use our sites and services. We collect this information in a variety of ways, including from web forms, technologies like cookies, web logging and software on your computer or other device.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1. Information you provide directly to us
You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the website Raftaar. However, when you use certain site functions, such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact the site, we may ask you to provide information, including:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features
- Search queries conducted on the site
- Correspondence you send to us
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, and mobile number
2. Information automatically collected by us when you visit and interact with the site
When you visit and interact with the site, certain information may be collected automatically by us, including:
- Your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Your browser type and operating system
- The web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the site
- Activities within community discussions
- Web pages and advertisements that you view and the links that you click on within the site
- Your bandwidth, speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer
- Aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing
- Information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. For more information, please see our discussion of cookies and other technologies.
3. Information we collect from other sources:
We may also access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
- If you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter) through the site, your username and connection lists for those services
- Demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests
- Advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad
- Unique device identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, which can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that the site may combine all such information that we collect with the information we obtain from third-party sources.
USAGE OF INFORMATION
Raftaar uses the information collected from you to function, improve and customise the services it offers. Raftaar uses information for the following general purposes:
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to the site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners' products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
With your consent, we may use your mobile number to send you promotions, notifications, or other services.
In order to provide our readers with free access to our content, we display advertisements on the site, many of which are targeted based on information about you. For example, using information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other sources, we may use demographic data or information about your online activities or interests to display targeted advertising that may be relevant to your preferences. Through this process, advertisers reach site visitors who are most interested in their products, and you see advertising for products or services in which you may be interested. For more information on how cookies and other technologies work, please see our discussion of cookies and other technologies.We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as editorial updates, information about your account or changes to the site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners' products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfil your requests for products, services, and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the site such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
In order to learn more about how our site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the site, to increase our site's functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors' needs.
We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, to enforce the site's Terms and Conditions, and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Raftaar is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, veracity or reliability of any content or services which may be accessed by you and Raftaar will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the same.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Raftaar.in values your privacy, and shares information about our users only under certain circumstances. Raftaar does not rent, sell, or share personal information other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide the services you've requested. Raftaar will share or transfer your personal information with your consent. Raftaar may also share or disclose information with its affiliates and vendors; when required by law; to protect its customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of Raftaar; and protect the rights or property of Raftaar. Raftaar may share some data with selected third parties for research purposes.
We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the site.
- We may employ third parties to perform site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the site's Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site. For more information, see our section on cookies and other technologies and third party advertising.
OUR SECURITY PRACTICES
Raftaar has technical and procedural safeguards that comply with Indian Regulations to protect personal information about you. We make all the efforts to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to our database and to any possible unauthorized disclosure of the data. These include time to time reviews of our data storage practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and security measures to guard against unauthorized access to our servers and systems where we store our data.
Further, we provide very restricted access to personal and other critical company information to our employees and associates who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are often bound by ‘non-disclosure’ agreements and ‘confidentiality’ obligations.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
As is standard practice on many websites, we may set and access Cookies, Web Beacons, Flash Cookies, and other technologies on your computer. Please note that third parties, such as ad networks, advertising agencies, advertisers, and audience segment providers, may also set and access cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and other technologies on your computer when you visit the site. For more information, please see our discussion of third party advertising.
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files within your computer's browser. Web sites can access only the cookies that they have stored on your computer. For example, if Raftaar.in stores a cookie on your browser, Raftaar.in may access its own cookie but not that of another company.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting the site
- To help us customize the content and advertisements you see when you visit the site
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements, and other communications
- To track site analytics and use, and to improve site services.
We may use web beacons (also called transparent GIFs, web bugs, pixels, or action tags). These technologies are strings of code that deliver a tiny graphic image on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page on which the web beacon is placed. In general, any file served as part of a web page can act as a web beacon.
We use web beacons for various tracking purposes, like determining whether or not you are logged into the site and whether or not you are connected to a third-party service.
Third parties also may use web beacons on the site to receive auditing, research, and reporting information, or to understand your interests and select and deliver to you advertisements that are tailored to your interests. Flash Cookies : Some of the site's third-party partners may use flash cookies, otherwise known as locally shared objects (LSOs), to track user behaviours in various ways. LSOs keep collections of cookie-like data stored in a directory on a user's computer, and are installed through Adobe's Flash video player.
THIRD-PARTY ONLINE ADVERTISING
Some of the advertisements you see on the site are selected and delivered by third parties, such as ad networks, advertising agencies, advertisers, and audience segment providers. These third parties may collect information about you and your online activities, either on the site or on other websites, through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies in an effort to understand your interests and deliver to you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
RIGHT TO COLLECT
We are accordingly not liable to you or any third party for any damages that you or any third party may suffer whatsoever and howsoever arising from your disclosure of your ‘personal information’ in any open and public environment or forum. You accordingly will disclose, and take full responsibility of any personal information you share or disclose in such public environments, at your own risk.
Raftaar may update this policy from time to time. Raftaar will notify you about significant changes by placing a notice on the website.
Indicus Netlabs Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, Nehru House,
4-Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi-110002, INDIA,